Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

RV Lifestyle : How many tools are enough tools

Part of the reason Sheri and I CAN live in an RV is because we are 'asset lite'.

Part of the reason, probably most of the reason, we are asset lite is because we have both been through divorces. That has a pretty good way of lightening the asset load!

So today, we were putting some computer equipment into our entertainment cabinet in the RV. We do this because we like running the TV off of the computer. It gives you so many advantages over just regular TV, but we won't enumerate them here.

Now there was just ONE thing needed - a 2 inch or 2.5 inch hole to run wires.

So, I went to the RV park (a very large park in Austin TX called La Hacienda) machine shop (where the mowers are parked) and asked three burly men if they had a 2 inch drill bit.

They did. They handed it to me.

Then I said, "Well, I need a drill too". I explained that I didn't get the tools in the divorce. Honestly, I felt about 2 inches tall having to beg for basic tools.

I got my hole cut. The computer equipment is tucked away and hidden.

I still think I don't need a drill as a permanent tool with the RV.

No comments: